Manufactured in Switzerland, the uncoated iron frying pan is ideally suited for searing pieces of meat (beef, pork, veal). They are also popular with all who appreciate hearty Swiss hashbrowns (Rösti). Iron is a robust material and has good heat storage capacity as well as uniform heat distribution. Thus, the heat is evenly distributed over the entire cooking surface of the pan to the food to be cooked – a guarantee for a balanced cooking result. Your meat and potatoes will be crispy and thanks to the Black Star pan, the meat remains beautifully juicy inside.
The Black Star pan from Kuhn Rikon can be used on all types of stovetops (induction/gas/ ceramic/cast iron/electric/ halogen), as well as in the oven. This allows you to sear meat at a high heat on the stovetop and then transfer to the oven to finish cooking at a lower temperature.
The use of this special pan on the gas grill and on the charcoal grill also guarantees unlimited cooking pleasure. The preparation of a vegetable pan or the serving of crispy fried potatoes - e.g. seasoned with salt and refined with rosemary - makes your mouth water. Also, easy frying, cooking stews and even the preparation of desserts (e.g. a tart Tatin) are possible in the Black Star iron pan.
All products from our traditional Swiss production are subjected to strict internal quality assurance checks and tested thoroughly in our own laboratory before entering the market. All Swiss made products are subjected to 100% control checks.
The Black Star comes in a nice textile bag for storage, so that the pans in your household and the Black Star itself are both well protected.
- SWISS MADE - manufactured in Switzerland
- Uncoated iron frying pan
- 10-year warranty
- Suitable for all types of cooking as well as for use in the oven or on the grill
- Particularly suitable for Swiss «Rösti» and excellent for frying at a high temperature
- Extremely durable, robust and resistant - many years of cooking pleasure guaranteed
- Suitable for all stovetops, including induction
- PFOA free
Before use - preparing the pan:
- Rinse the pan in tap water
- Heat the pan gently to dry
- Put cooking oil in to cover the bottom of the pan and heat
- Put in potato peelings and a generous amount of salt and cook on high until the peelings are burnt
- Throw the peelings away
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen towel and rinse with tap water if necessary
- Wipe your pan with oil
Use and Care:
- Wipe clean with kitchen towel
- Wipe your pan with oil after each use
- Do not use detergent. If you do have to wash it, then heat pan gently to dry and always oil it, otherwise the protective coating will not be effective
- Acidic foodstuffs can leave light marks on the surface but they have no effect whatsoever on the cooking properties of the pan
- Misuse invalidates the guarantee. Overheating or burnt-in residues are not covered