Our Swiss made Black Star Iron Frying Pan is a robust, must have pan for your collection.
Constructed from Carbon Steel and uncoated, the pan is great at heating up and retaining heat. This makes it great for searing steaks or crisping up chicken… or for browning a traditional Swiss Rosti.
The pan is suitable for all stovetops, including induction; it is also safe for use in the oven too.
Frying pans have to be able to withstand a great deal of heat. It always pays off to rely on quality products as this guarantees a longer product life, great frying properties and crispy results. This is why Kuhn Rikon places the highest demands on the durability of the materials and the coatings of our frying pans. Even professionals cook with our frying pans. If the words “Kuhn Rikon” can be seen on the pan, this means that Kuhn Rikon know-how is also there.
- Easy-care, everyday frying pan
- Suitable for all stovetops, including induction
- PFOA free
Before use - preparing the pan:
- Rinse the pan in tap water
- Heat the pan gently to dry
- Put cooking oil in to cover the bottom of the pan and heat
- Put in potato peelings and a generous amount of salt and cook on high until the peelings are burnt
- Throw the peelings away
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen towel and rinse with tap water if necessary
- Wipe your pan with oil
Use and Care:
- Wipe clean with kitchen towel
- Wipe your pan with oil after each use
- Do not use detergent. If you do have to wash it, then heat pan gently to dry and always oil it, otherwise the protective coating will not be effective
- Acidic foodstuffs can leave light marks on the surface but they have no effect whatsoever on the cooking properties of the pan
- Misuse invalidates the guarantee. Overheating or burnt-in residues are not covered