Everything you need to make and beautifully decorate cookies – 10 disks, frosting bottle with tip and recipes.
- Clear barrel lets you see contents inside.
- Stainless steel handle gives you sturdy control.
- Makes perfectly portioned cookies every time.
- Comes apart for easy clean-up.
- For best cleaning results, unscrew barrel from top white plastic grip (twist and pull).
- Do not put cookie disks into dishwasher. They may corrode.
- Handwash recommended. Barrel is top rack dishwasher safe.
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 9" x 5.75" x 2.25"
Tips for using Kuhn Rikon Cookie Press:
One thing that sometimes happens is that the dough can be slightly too thick, which can cause the top part to “pop” away from the barrel. Often this can be remedied by adding just 1-2 drops of liquid to the dough (either water or milk). You want the dough to have a sticky consistency, which allows it to stick to the baking pan surface. Here are some additional tips:
- Be sure to press the entire base on the sheet. The cookies do not fall off the press, but stick to the sheet and are pulled off in a straight upward motion.
- The best recipe for consistently perfect cookies is the Vanilla Cookie recipe.
- If the cookie shapes are spreading out too much when they bake, chances are that the cookie sheet was not cold enough or the oven was not sufficiently hot. Try chilling the whole sheet with the cookies on it before baking.
- If the shapes are coming out of the press as “blobs”, it may be that you’re clicking more than once for each cookie.
- To change disks mid-barrel, be sure to press the small metal release button at the front of the trigger mechanism. This will prevent the dough from coming out while you change the disk. Simply unscrew the bottom white ring, remove the disk and replace with next disk.