HOTPAN® serving casserole:
- For normal cleaning, use a mild detergent.
- For intensive cleaning including scale and/or discoloration, use a chromium steel cleaner - e.g. SWISS CLEANER
- The pot's surface can be damaged with abrasive cleaners and dishwashers. The cookware is dishwasher safe but washing by hand affords better protection.
- If washed regularly in the dishwasher, synthetic fittings may lose their shine and aluminum may oxidize or corrode.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool or scourers (scratches).
- Limescale can also be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Not heat-resistant
- Not suitable for oven use
- Do not pour hot and warm food into the concrete bowl
- Only use for cold, dry food (such as nuts, crisps, uncooked pasta, whole fruit, baked goods, bread rolls and much more.)
- Do not use vinegar and oil
- No strongly colored and/or acidic food (such as beetroot, red cabbage)
- The material is breakable
- When using soft metals such as pewter, lead or aluminum make sure that no parts of these metals are rubbed against the surface and that no traces are left behind
- The protective pads on the base of the concrete holder prevent any scratches occurring to the surface upon which the concrete holder is placed.
- We advise against the use of sharp, pointed and hard objects in the concrete bowl. These could cause scratches and/or eruptions.
- Not suitable for dishwashers
- To clean the surface of the concrete use a cloth or sponge dipped into warm water – if need be, with the addition of a mild dishwashing liquid. The dishwashing liquid should not be chemically aggressive at all as it could attack the material. Do not use steel wool or chemical cleaning agents at all. The concrete bowl is NOT DISHWASHER SAFE.