The HOTPAN® Monument with its heat-retaining concrete bowl is a must-have for all home cooks, who love good design and cleverly thought out functionality. The HOTPAN® was developed for the lifestyle demands of today. It is no wonder that our three-piece cookware has won the German IF product design award. The set includes the concrete bowl, double-walled serving casserole and lid.
The secret is cooking gently. The HOTPAN® Monument thermal cookware allows you to cook healthy dishes without fat. It is the well-conceived interplay of pot and insulated bowl that makes the HOTPAN® so practical. All you need to do is to heat your dish briefly and the HOTPAN® will take care of the rest of the cooking. While the food finishes cooking in the elegant insulated bowl, you can go for a jog, quickly run to the store or just simply concentrate on your guests. The food stays hot in the HOTPAN® for up to two hours. This is not only convenient but also very healthy as the airtight lid protects aromas, vitamins and colors of your food. The lid circulates the food's own juices back from the middle of the lid onto the food keeping it moist and fresh.
In addition to holding the HOTPAN® Monument’s pot, this concrete bowl can be used to serve bread, snacks and vegetable sticks. Each concrete bowl has a unique service structure, coloring and texture due to its handmade process. The bowl contains small pores and micro-cracks that add to its aesthetic appeal and gives each piece a one-of-a-kind look.
HOTPAN® serving casserole:
- Swiss Made – Stainless steel pot and lid produced in Switzerland
- Keeps food hot up to 2 hours
- 60% energy saving
- Thermo cooking protects vitamins and mineral nutrients
- Double-wall stainless steel lid
- Stay cool handles
- Liter inner scale markings
- High-quality 18/10 stainless steel
- Suitable for all stovetops (Induction / Gas / Ceran / Cast / Electric / Halogen)
- Superthermic® Sandwich base distributes the heat fast and evenly
- Modern design and cleverly thought out functionality
- inset handles
- rubber stoppers
Multiple uses could include:
- To serve salty snacks at a party
- The fashionable fruit bowl as an eye-catcher for a vitamin-rich snack to go
- To serve salty food at a cocktail event
- To serve buns in a stylish way at a Sunday brunch
- Keeps your vegetables fresh for a healthy dinner
For recipes cooking with the HOTPAN® go online to www.kuhnrikon.com.
HOTPAN® serving casserole:
- For normal cleaning, use a mild detergent.
- For intensive cleaning including scale and/or discoloration, use a chromium steel cleaner - e.g. SWISS CLEANER
- The pot's surface can be damaged with abrasive cleaners and dishwashers. The cookware is dishwasher safe but washing by hand affords better protection.
- If washed regularly in the dishwasher, synthetic fittings may lose their shine and aluminum may oxidize or corrode.
- Never remove food stuck to the pan with sharp objects such as knives, steel wool or scourers (scratches).
- Limescale can also be easily removed with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Not heat-resistant
- Not suitable for oven use
- Do not pour hot and warm food into the concrete bowl
- Only use for cold, dry food (such as nuts, crisps, uncooked pasta, whole fruit, baked goods, bread rolls and much more.)
- Do not use vinegar and oil
- No strongly colored and/or acidic food (such as beetroot, red cabbage)
- The material is breakable
- When using soft metals such as pewter, lead or aluminum make sure that no parts of these metals are rubbed against the surface and that no traces are left behind
- The protective pads on the base of the concrete holder prevent any scratches occurring to the surface upon which the concrete holder is placed.
- We advise against the use of sharp, pointed and hard objects in the concrete bowl. These could cause scratches and/or eruptions.
- Not suitable for dishwashers
- To clean the surface of the concrete use a cloth or sponge dipped into warm water – if need be, with the addition of a mild dishwashing liquid. The dishwashing liquid should not be chemically aggressive at all as it could attack the material. Do not use steel wool or chemical cleaning agents at all. The concrete bowl is NOT DISHWASHER SAFE.
For more recipes from Kuhn Rikon, click here